[Corpora-List] querying corpora

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 14:25:58 UTC 2008

 I was wondering about the kinds of queries you may run on open
corpora out there
~
 Let me explain myself with a convoluted example:
~
 Could you, say, run a query asking a corpus to give you the result
about how many times, where in a sentence (both, as a distribution of
the number of words, the POS elements used in them and the texts as a
whole) did Shakespeare use words related to "love" (which you should
be also able to query even with a certain level of "measurable
relatedness") modified by an adverb and containing also an adjective
within the sentence?
~
 Are there studies on "queriability" of corpora regarding depth (look
above), accuracy, speed and other performance features?
~
 Are there any text corpora out there including phonemes also?
~
 How would a data retrieval standard like SQL help in outlining a
standard for text retrieval?
~
 Thanks
 lbrtchx