[Corpora-List] list of synonyms

jeremy ellman jeremyellman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 12:39:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

WordNet's synsets confirm closely to a fairly strict (or even too rigid)
notion of synonym. Most people who use WordNet like these use the prolog
form of the base files as these are easily processed. You can also download
the raw lexicography files from the Princeton site (
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/obtain), but the delimeters are idiosyncratic
so require extra work.

There are also MySQL versions of the WordNet database (e.g.
http://www.androidtech.com/html/wordnet-mysql-20.php). These give pretty
much full access to WordNet synsets to anyone who can do very basic SQL
queries

Jeremy