[Corpora-List] announcing JeuxDeMots web site

Mathieu Lafourcade mathieu.lafourcade at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 20:44:57 UTC 2008

could you forward this announcement?
thank you very much in advance

best regards,
Mathieu Lafourcade

--------------------
Dear all,

You are being bored between the writing of two papers, between two lectures,
or two research contracts applications?

It is time for you, to have fun with words.

For that, you can go to

http://www.lirmm.fr/jeuxdemots-english/

 <http://www.lirmm.fr/jeuxdemots/>You will find a game where you can
confront your knowledge of the English language to other people.

FOR SCEPTICS AND MORE SERIOULY

This web site has been developed by me, Mathieu Lafourcade (with the help of
many people, thanks to them), in order to experiment concretely a simple
idea: collecting lexical information from games played by humans (in more
pompous terms, we would say "experimenting possibilities of human
computation applied to the learning of lexical data"). Your answers, allows
us when we detec an agreement between then, to infer some amount of lexical
knowledge, that we are lacking. On the French version (
http://www.lirmm.fr/jeuxdemots), where more than 400 persons registered,
some of them playing very regurlarly, the activity allows us to think that
the underlying idea may not be as stupid as it may appear...

We would be very pleased to count you among the players of
JeuxDeMots-English, even more pleased if you find some interest in playing
some time, and absolutly delighted if you could share with us your ideas and
remarks on this subject.

Best regards,

Mathieu Lafourcade, LIRMM, Université Montpellier II, France
Gilles Sérasset, GETALP-LIG, Université Grenoble I, France

--
Mathieu Lafourcade
Maître de Conférence à L'Université Montpellier 2 - LIRMM - Equipe TAL

mathieu.lafourcade at lirmm.fr