[Corpora-List] legal terminology and indigenous languages

Mamari Stephens Mamari.Stephens at vuw.ac.nz
Sat Jan 19 02:25:00 UTC 2008

Dear members

I am commencing a corpus in legal terms in the Maori language denoting Wester legal concepts.  I am looking for further ideas on how best to design such a corpus.  Would anyone be aware of any other recent corpora of legal terminology, or of any corpora in an indigenous language of vocabulary describing concepts not indigenous to that language.  I am particularly interested in looking at diachronic change issues.  I am very new to the field and would be most grateful for any information.

Thanks very much

Mamari Stephens
Lecturer
Te Kura Tatai Ture