[Corpora-List] German corpora

Martin Wynne martin.wynne at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 11:41:18 UTC 2008

The German Parole corpus, compiled by Wolfgang Teubert, then at the IDS
in Mannheim, is available for free from the Oxford Text Archive at:

http://www.ota.ox.ac.uk/texts/2467.html

The corpus contains around 20 million words of various types of written
text. Full documentation is included in the download.

You might also want to have a look at the collections at the IDS at:

http://www.ids-mannheim.de/cosmas2/

Best wishes,
Martin

jaime.hunt at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm a PhD student interested in researching German corpora for Anglicisms. I am searching for all types of recent corpora, especially spoken corpora, from around 2005 onwards.
>
> I would really appreciate it if anybody is able to make any suggestions as to what might be available for students to research free of charge.
>
> Best regards,
> Jaime
>
> Mr Jaime Hunt MAppLing (TESOL), BA (Hons)
> PhD (Linguistics) Candidate
> School of Humanities and Social Science
> McMullin Building
> University of Newcastle
> Callaghan
> NSW 2308
> Australia
>
> Ph. +61 (0)2 4921 5175
> Email: jaime.hunt at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au

Martin Wynne
Head of the Oxford Text Archive and
AHDS Literature, Languages and Linguistics

Oxford University Computing Services
13 Banbury Road
Oxford
UK - OX2 6NN