[Corpora-List] [Fwd: Re: German corpora]

Ronny Melz ronny_melz at web.de
Fri Jan 25 13:23:06 UTC 2008

	Dear Jaime,

there is another option which you might be interested in as well:

The Leipzig Corpus Collection is about a dozen of freely available
language corpora, collected from primarily recent news sources. Each of
the corpora is downloadable from
http://corpora.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/download.html
(where you may also find more detailed information) and includes a
German corpus of around three million sentences.

Unfortunately, there's no spoken material, but text facilitates pattern
matching and quantitative analyses, anyway ;-)

Cheers,
Ronny

> Re: [Corpora-List] German corpora
> From:
> Martin Wynne <martin.wynne at oucs.ox.ac.uk>
> Date:
> Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:41:18 +0000
> To:
> jaime.hunt at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
>
> To:
> jaime.hunt at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
> CC:
> Corpora at uib.no
>

> The German Parole corpus, compiled by Wolfgang Teubert, then at the IDS
> in Mannheim, is available for free from the Oxford Text Archive at:
>
> http://www.ota.ox.ac.uk/texts/2467.html
>
> The corpus contains around 20 million words of various types of written
> text. Full documentation is included in the download.
>
> You might also want to have a look at the collections at the IDS at:
>
> http://www.ids-mannheim.de/cosmas2/
>

> Best wishes,
> Martin
>

> jaime.hunt at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm a PhD student interested in researching German corpora for Anglicisms. I am searching for all types of recent corpora, especially spoken corpora, from around 2005 onwards.
>>
>> I would really appreciate it if anybody is able to make any suggestions as to what might be available for students to research free of charge.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jaime
>>
>> Mr Jaime Hunt MAppLing (TESOL), BA (Hons)
>> PhD (Linguistics) Candidate
>> School of Humanities and Social Science
>> McMullin Building
>> University of Newcastle