[Corpora-List] SourceForge as a corpus

Georg Rehm georg.rehm at uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Jan 25 16:56:22 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Jan 24, 2008 4:52 PM, Kevin B. Cohen <kevin.cohen at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> this model, responsibility for dealing with copyright issues stays
> with the corpus builders, not the SourceForge project coordinators.
> However, that doesn't make the project coordinators' work be zero, and
> it's not clear how that work could be funded in the long term.
> Thoughts?

with regard to the discussion of a web-based corpus repository I'd
like to point out the work we (members of the project "Sustainability
of Linguistic Data" [1]) presented at Digital Humanities 2007,
especially the paper "Language Corpora – Copyright – Data Protection:
The Legal Point of View" by Timm Lehmberg and Felix Zimmermann
(abstracts at [2]).

A follow-up to this article (titled "Digital Text Collections,
Linguistic Research Data, and Mashups: Notes on the Legal Situation",
by Timm Lehmberg, Andreas Witt, Felix Zimmermann and myself) will be
published in a forthcoming special issue of "Library Trends". A
preliminary version of this paper is available upon request.

[1] http://www.sfb441.uni-tuebingen.de/c2/
[2] http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dh2007/abstracts/

Best,
Georg

Dr. Georg Rehm                                  georg.rehm at uni-tuebingen.de
SFB 441, Tübingen University                           +49 (0)7071 29-77155