[Corpora-List] corpus annotation tool

Ulrik Sandborg-Petersen ulrikp at hum.aau.dk
Tue Mar 25 13:16:54 UTC 2008

Hi Madiha,

You might want to take a look at my Linguistic Tree Constructor:

http://ltc.sourceforge.net

It won't help you with POS-tagging; it assumes you have already done that.

But it can help you manually construct syntactic trees, including ones
with discontiguous elements.  It was specifically created with the aim
of being usable in the task of syntactically annotating large amounts of
text relatively quickly.

It is free and Open Source.  Right now, it exports to Annotation Graph
XML, but I am far advanced in the process of having a version which
saves its data in TIGER-XML format (give or take a few
header-XML-elements which are different from the TIGER-XML
specification, but those can easily be striped off if you want to load
it, say, into TIGERSearch).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ulrik Sandborg-Petersen

Thomas Schmidt wrote:
> Hi Madiha,
>
> the 'Linguistic Annotation Wiki' lists a couple of tools which can
> help you with your task. Take a look at
>
> http://annotation.exmaralda.org/index.php/Linguistic_Annotation
>

> Kindly,
>
> Thomas
>

>>  Madiha Ijaz wrote:
>>  > hi,
>>  >
>>  > is there any open source unicode based (utf-8 or utf-16) corpus
>>  > annotation tool available for manual tagging?
>>  > the tool is to be used to annotate Urdu corpus (POS tagging and
>>  > syntactic bracketing).
>>  >
>>  > i have used Sanchay and now want to explore other tools if they are
>>  > available.
>>  >
>>  > regrads
>>  > Madiha