[Corpora-List] State-of-the-art POS tagging results

Khalil Simaan k.simaan at uva.nl
Fri Nov 14 14:39:39 UTC 2008

Hi,
Hebrew and Arabic may count under ``morphologically complex languages".

For Hebrew have a look at:

Roy Bar-Haim, Khalil Sima'an and Yoad Winter.    Part-of-Speech Tagging
of Modern Hebrew Text.  In  Journal of Natural Language Engineering
(J-NLE)
<http://www.cambridge.org/journals/journal_catalogue.asp?mnemonic=nle>,
14(2):223-251, 2008.

the work extended for Arabic:

Saib Mansour, Khalil Sima'an and Yoad Winter. Smoothing a Lexicon-based
POS tagger for Arabic and Hebrew.  In proceedings of  ACL 2007 Workshop
on Computational Approaches to Semitic Languages: Common Issues and
Resources. Prague, Czech Republic, 2007.

Best regards
Khalil Sima'an
University of Amsterdam

Hrafn Loftsson wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Can anyone point me to papers presenting state-of-the-art POS tagging
> results for some morphologically complex languages?
>
> In his paper "Morphological Tagging: Data vs. Dictionaries" (2000), Jan
> Hajic presents an evaluation for Czech, Estonian, Hungarian Romanian,
> and Slovene, but I wonder if you know of more recent work.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Hrafn Loftsson, Ph.D. - www.ru.is/faculty/hrafn
> Assistant Professor
> School of Computer Science - www.ru.is/cs
> Reykjavik University - www.ru.is
>

> Vinsamlega athugið að upplýsingar í tölvupósti þessum og viðhengi eru eingöngu ætlaðar þeim sem póstinum er beint til og gætu innihaldið upplýsingar sem eru trúnaðarmál. Sjá nánar: http://www.ru.is/trunadur
>
> Please note that this e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addresses only and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. Further information:
> http://www.ru.is/trunadur

----
*P.S. EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGE:
             k.simaan at uva.nl
(old email simaan at science.uva.nl will expire soon).*
----

Khalil Sima'an
Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
Universiteit van Amsterdam
http://staff.science.uva.nl/~simaan
Tel 0205256573
email k.simaan at uva.nl