[Corpora-List] source attribution

Asad Sayeed asayeed at mbl.ca
Mon Nov 17 18:46:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm working on a project that involves source attribution.  In
particular, I have a predetermined list of topics (at least for
starters) and I want to find out, for each document in a corpus, who
expressed an opinion about that topic.  ie, "X talked about Y".

My own searches have found that a lot of the work on source attribution
seems to be about attributing the source of an entire nearby
proposition, not merely a (potentially indirect) relationship to some
topic mentioned in the document.

However, I was wondering if anyone on this list had any suggestions of
where to look for existing current work on this, as I'm likely to have
missed something.

Yours,
--Asad.