[Corpora-List] Examples of items which exhibit a semantic prosody

Crayton Walker c.p.walker at bham.ac.uk
Tue Nov 18 17:32:01 UTC 2008

Dear All,

Can any one help me? I am currently having another look at semantic prosody.Does anyone know of a list of the words (and word combinations) which have been used as examples of items which display a positive, or more often, a negative prosody? I know of the well-known examples such as cause, provide, set in, budge etc. but would like to get hold of a more complete list of the items which have been cited over recent years.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Dr. Crayton Walker
Lecturer
University of Birmingham