[Corpora-List] 3rd IATIS Conference, Australia, 8-10 July, 2009

José Manuel Martínez Martínez jmmtra at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 22:18:06 UTC 2008

ONE FINAL REMINDER

3rd Conference of the International Association for Translation and
Intercultural Studies (IATIS)

Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
8-10 July, 2009

CALL FOR PAPERS:

Panel 6: /In the footsteps of Ian Mason/

Chairs: ECPC Research Group.- Universitat Jaume I, Spain)*

We are inviting proposals for papers for Panel 6: /In the footsteps of
Ian Mason/ of 2009 IATIS Conference.

The deadline is *Wednesday, 17 September 2008*.

The theme of the panel is may accessed in full at:

http://www.iatis.org/content/conferences/melbourne.php

In short, the present panel welcomes work which draws on Ian Mason’s
research. Specific issues which may generate particular interest
include, but are not limited to, the following:

· The pragmatics of (dialogue) interpreting and its connection to
mediation and conflict

· Teaching students to mediate translation-related conflict

· CORPUS-BASED work to study conflicting / mediating contexts

· CORPUS-ASSISTED Discourse Analysis in Translation Studies (CADS in TS)

· The study of the linguistic metafunctions in the translation of sacred
and sensitive texts

Abstracts (max. 300 words) for 20-minute papers can be sent to:
ecpc at uji.es using the abstract submission form available on the web site.

KEY DATES

Deadline for submission of abstracts: Wednesday, 17 September, 2008

Latest date for official notification of acceptance of abstracts:
Tuesday, 4 November, 2008

Deadline for presenters to confirm participation by registering:
Thursday, 30 April, 2009