[Corpora-List] Bakhtin and Voloshinov: authorship based on corpora

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 15:02:22 UTC 2008

Yuri,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Yuri Tambovtsev <yutamb at mail.ru> wrote:
> Could you give me some references to the books and articles
> which proved or at least stated that the text in question, that is,
> "MARKSIZM I FILOSOFIJA JAZYKA"(Marxism and the philosophy of language) was
> written by M.M. Bahtin, but was published under the name of Voloshinov. I
> know that Wikipedia stated it, but no other articles published under the
> exact names of linguists.

My copy of "Marxism and the philosophy of language," translated by
Ladislav Matejka and I.R. Titunik, Harvard University Press, devotes
about a page to the controversy (pp. ix ff.) in the translators'
preface dated 1986, but does not cite any other sources.

Good luck!

Kevin

--
K. B. Cohen
Lead Artificial Intelligence Engineer, The MITRE Corporation, Human