[Corpora-List] Call for papers: eLexicography in the 21st century: New challenges, new applications

Kees Vaes kees.vaes at benjamins.nl
Wed Sep 17 12:47:51 UTC 2008

Dear Sylviane,
Seline Benjamins will soon be in touch with you concerning possible
sponsoring.
I put the meeting on my list.
Best, Kees

At 09:28 16/09/2008, Sylviane Granger wrote:
>FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
>
>eLexicography in the 21st century: New challenges, new applications
>
>Organized by the Centre for English Corpus Linguistics (CECL) under the
>aegis of the European Association for Lexicography (EURALEX).
>
>Conference website: www.uclouvain.be/cecl-elexicography
>
>Venue: University of Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
>
>Date: 22-24 October, 2009
>
>Organizers: Prof. Sylviane Granger and Dr Magali Paquot
>
>Conference theme: Innovative developments in the field of electronic
>lexicography
>
>Papers on the following topics are particularly welcome:
>
>- New technological environments (web-based dictionaries, mobile devices,
>etc.)
>- Exploitation of language resources: monolingual and multilingual
>corpora, learner corpora, lexical databases (e.g. WordNet).
>- Integration of NLP tools (grammatical annotation, speech synthesis, etc.)
>- Dictionary writing systems and other software available to the lexicographer
>- Changes to the dictionary macro- and microstructure afforded by the
>electronic medium (multiple access routes, efficient integration of
>phraseology, etc.)
>- Automated customisation of dictionaries in function of users’
>needs  (proficiency level, receptive vs. productive mode, register)
>- Integration of electronic dictionaries into language learning and
>teaching (CALL, translator training, etc.)
>
>Keynote speakers
>
>We are pleased to announce that the following speakers have accepted our
>invitation to give a keynote presentation at the conference:
>
>Ulrich Heid (Universität Stuttgart, Germany)
>Marie-Claude L’Homme (Université de Montréal, Canada)
>Hilary Nesi (Coventry University, Great-Britain)
>Michael Rundell (Lexicography MasterClass Ltd, Great-Britain)
>Piek Vossen (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
>
>Organising committee
>
>De Cock Sylvie (Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis & CECL, Université
>catholique de Louvain, Belgium)
>Granger Sylviane (CECL, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium)
>Paquot Magali (CECL, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium)
>Rayson Paul (UCREL, Lancaster University, Great-Britain)
>Tutin Agnes (LIDILEM, Université Stendhal-Grenoble 3, France)
>
>Scientific committee
>
>Bogaards Paul (Leiden University, The Netherlands)
>Bouillon Pierrette (ISSCO, University of Geneva, Switzerland)
>Campoy Cubillo, Maria Carmen (Universitat Jaume I, Spain)
>de Schryver Gilles-Maurice (Ghent University, Belgium)
>Drouin Patrick (Oservatoire de Linguistique Sens-Texte, Université de
>Montréal,  Canada)
>Fairon Cédrick (CENTAL, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium)
>Fellbaum Christiane (Princeton University, United States)
>Fontenelle Thierry (Microsoft Natural Language Group, United States)
>Grefenstette Gregory (EXALEAD, France)
>Hanks Patrick (Masaryk University, Czech Republic)
> [...]

Cornelis H.J. Vaes
John Benjamins Publishing Co.

Postal address: P.O. Box 36224, 1020 ME Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Visiting and expres mail (Fedex,UPS) address:
Klaprozenweg 105, 1033 NN Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Tel:  +31-20-6304747
Fax: +31-20-6739773