[Corpora-List] Corpus size and accuracy of frequency listings

Georgios Mikros gmikros at isll.uoa.gr
Fri Apr 3 16:01:00 UTC 2009

Dear Mark,
You may find useful a paper I wrote few year ago regarding the effect of
text size in corpus development. Among others I measured whether words
coming from diverse frequency strata behave differently in subcorpora
controlled for text size. The citation is:
Mikros, G. (2002). Quantitative parameters in corpus design: Estimating the
optimum text size in Modern Greek language. Proceedings of the 3rd
International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2002),
Vol.3, pp. 834-838.
Best
George Mikros