[Corpora-List] Texas Linguistics Society 12: Final Call for Papers

Nick Gaylord nlgaylord at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 19:04:39 UTC 2009

Dear Linguists:

The deadline for receipt of abstracts for the Texas Linguistics Society 12th
Annual Meeting has been extended to Mon., August 24, 2009.  We have received
a large number of abstracts from all over, but would like to receive more.
As a reminder, we have an impressive line-up of keynote speakers including
the following:

Elsi Kaiser, University of Southern California

Laurence Horn, Yale University

Colin Bannard, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary
Anthropology/University of Texas at Austin

And the following invited speakers:

Nicholas Asher, UT Austin and IRIT-CNRS

Jason Baldridge, UT Austin

David Beaver, UT Austin

Cleo Condoravdi, Xerox PARC and Stanford

Lauri Karttunen, Xerox PARC and Stanford

James Pustejovsky, Brandeis University

Mark Steedman, The University of Edinburgh

Bonnie Webber, The University of Edinburgh

Annie Zaenen, Xerox PARC and Stanford

Please help us in spreading the word.  Consider submitting your own abstract
or forwarding this email to anyone you know who might be interested.

People can submit their abstracts at our Linguist List EasyAbs site at:

http://linguistlist.org/confcustom/customhome.cfm?emeetingid=0602J844585E464A408040441&CFID=26864945

Our website is:

http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~tls/tls2009/<http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/%7Etls/tls2009/>

Many thanks in helping to get the word out.

--The TLS XII Organizing Committee

Emilie Destruel
Tony Wright
Taesun Moon