[Corpora-List] Corpora containing common English words including slang.

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Sun Aug 30 20:23:46 UTC 2009

Joe,

The British National Corpus is a representative sample of language
produced by native British English speakers (from the 1990s, so a few
modern words are missing; but it does include slang). Adam Kilgarrif
extracted wordlists and put them online for others to download:
http://www.kilgarriff.co.uk/bnc-readme.html

I hope this helps

Eric Atwell, Leeds University