[Corpora-List] SemEval-2010: Task announcement and call for interest in participation

SemEval semeval.2010.mail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 14:36:48 UTC 2009

-- Apologies for multiple postings --

SemEval-2010: 5th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluations
http://semeval2.fbk.eu

TASK ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR INTEREST IN PARTICIPATION
Feedback requested by Mar 1, 2009

The purpose of Senseval (http://www.senseval.org) is to evaluate
semantic analysis systems. SemEval-2010 will be the 5th workshop on
semantic evaluation.

The first three workshops, SensEval-1 through SensEval-3, were focused
on word sense disambiguation, each time growing in the number of
languages offered in the tasks and in the number of participating
teams. In the 4th workshop, SemEval-2007, the nature of the tasks evolved to
include semantic analysis tasks outside of word sense disambiguation.

We are now getting ready for SemEval-2010! The list of tasks is now
available on the SemEval webpage, http://semeval2.fbk.eu

Here is a short preview of the tasks that will be offered (for more
details, see the webpage):

#1	Coreference Resolution in Multiple Languages
#2	Cross-Lingual Lexical Substitution
#3	Cross-Lingual Word Sense Disambiguation
#4	VP Ellipsis - Detection and Resolution
#5	Automatic Keyphrase Extraction from Scientific Articles
#6	Classification of Semantic Relations between MeSH Entities in
Swedish Medical Texts
#7	Argument Selection and Coercion
#8	Multi-Way Classification of Semantic Relation Between Pairs
#9	Noun Compound Interpretation Using Paraphrasing Verbs
#10	Linking Events and their Participants in Discourse
#11	Event Detection in Chinese News Sentences
#12	Parser Training and Evaluation using Textual Entailment
#13	TempEval 2
#14	Word Sense Induction
#15	Infrequent Sense Identification for Mandarin Text to Speech Systems
#16	Japanese WSD
#17	All-words Word Sense Disambiguation on a Specific Domain
#18	Disambiguating Sentiment Ambiguous Adjectives

As with previous evaluations,
participants will be provided with specific training data, and will have the
chance to test their systems on common data sets.

We are now seeking feedback from potential participants. If
you may be interested to participate in one or more SemEval task,
please fill out the form below and email it to

       semeval.2010.mail at gmail.com

Please send the form by Mar 1, 2009. Your feedback is very much
appreciated and will help us better organize SemEval-2010!

Thank you,

The SemEval organizers:
Katrin Erk
Carlo Strapparava

Contact email address, repeated:___________________________________

We are interested in the following task(s): (please list task numbers
and task names)