[Corpora-List] calculating word density

Justin Washtell lec3jrw at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jul 23 18:21:42 UTC 2009

Hello Naouel,

The standard approach would be to turn the (total) count into a probability by dividing it by the number of tokens in the corpus. These can be compared directly. Or you might find it useful to then take the logarithm if you're comparing or plotting relative densities. But perhaps there is something subtler you are wanting to do?

Justin Washtell
School of Computing
University of Leeds