[Corpora-List] IE practice: Searching for names in emails

Andrew.Lampert at csiro.au Andrew.Lampert at csiro.au
Tue Jun 2 07:17:43 UTC 2009

Hi Yorick,

There's certainly work in resolving and disambiguating people names in email from pre-2007.

Examples that I'm aware of include:

* Einat Minkov, Richard C. Wang, William W. Cohen, Extracting Personal Names from Emails: Applying Named Entity Recognition to Informal Text in HLT/EMNLP 2005
* Einat Minkov, William W. Cohen, Andrew Y. Ng, Contextual Search and Name Disambiguation in Email using Graphs in SIGIR 2006 (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~einat/sigir-06.pdf)
* C. P. Diehl, L. Getoor, G. Namata, "Name Reference Resolution in Organizational Email Archives," 2006 SIAM International Conference on Data Mining

I'd be interested to hear of others.

Thanks,
Andrew