[Corpora-List] Compared or Parallel Corpus?

J. R. Colt Clint coltclint at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 16:56:53 UTC 2009

Dear all,

Could someone answer me If texts (e.g., novels) were originally written in
other languages, but have been translated into English. After aligning these
texts - sentence by sentence. Are we faced a parallel corpus or compared
corpus?

In another way texts (e.g., documents from World Bank or UE) were originally
written in several languages - at the same time. After aligning these texts
- sentence by sentence. Are we faced a compared corpus or a parallel corpus?

Best regards

J.R. Colt Clint