[Corpora-List] Seeking beta-testers for new BitTorrent distribution of my USENET corpus. - 2007 corpus files now fixed.

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Mon Mar 23 23:18:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Cyrus Shaoul <cyrus.shaoul at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> PS: Angus: I will contact the Oxford Text Archive and see if they are
> interested in it.
> I still feel that BitTorrent makes more sense for very large corpora.

There used to be very restrictive limitations imposed by OTA on British
based users; if you weren't in education then basically one could forget
obtaining anything from OTA. Thankfully much of what they have is
available from other archives without those limiting licences.

BitTorrent also makes sense to me.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!