[Corpora-List] Latin American Association for Corpus Linguistics?

Tony Berber Sardinha tony at corpuslg.org
Thu Nov 5 15:48:40 UTC 2009

Dear all

The 8th Brazilian Corpus Linguistics Conference (www.corpuslg.org/elc)
will take place next week in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and one of the
topics we'd like to discuss in the closing round table is the
possibility of setting up a Latin American Association for Corpus
Linguistics (LAACL). This would help strengthen the field in LA by
fostering communication between corpus linguists in the continent. One
of the concrete outcomes of such an organization would be hosting a
Latin American conference on corpus linguistics, from time to time. Of
course, the round table will not have a final say on this -- we just
want to get the ball rolling; if people have discussed this in other
venues, please let me know as well.

How do LA corpus linguists feel about this?

Thank you ahead.

bye

tony