[Corpora-List] After the Deadline Language Checking Software -- Open Sourced

Raphael Mudge raffi at automattic.com
Mon Oct 26 16:42:24 UTC 2009

Colleagues,
I'm writing to announce the open source availability of the After the
Deadline language checking software.  After the Deadline is a software
service that checks spelling, style, and grammar. AtD uses neural
networks to power a contextual spell checker and statistical misused
word detector. It also does grammar and style checking with a rule-
based engine.

The front-end JavaScript components and the back-end server software
are both open.  Nothing this comprehensive exists under an open source
license.

After the Deadline is sponsored by Automattic and checks spelling,
style, and grammar for nine millions bloggers on WordPress.com.

The source code, bootstrap data, and documentation are available at:

http://open.afterthedeadline.com

After the Deadline is available under the GNU General Public License.
To learn what it does visit:

http://www.afterthedeadline.com/features.slp

or try the demonstration module at http://www.polishmywriting.com/

The announcement is at:

http://blog.afterthedeadline.com/2009/10/26/after-the-deadline-open-sourced/

Since this is GPL, there is a lot of freedom to do as you wish with
this. By open sourcing this I'm excited to see what we do with it. I
look forward to your thoughts.

-- Raphael

Raphael S. Mudge
Code Wrangler, Automattic