[Corpora-List] Corpora containing common English words including slang.

Erin McKean erin at logocracy.com
Tue Sep 1 18:01:32 UTC 2009

There was a entire monograph on slang recently published by OUP that
goes into just this issue: what slang is, what it's for, how it's
distinguished from jargon, etc.:

http://www.amazon.com/Slang-Peoples-Poetry-Michael-Adams/dp/0195314638

Disclosure -- I was the editor who originally commissioned this title
for OUP, but I am no longer affiliated with the press.

Erin
Erin McKean
Wordnik.com :: All The Words
http://www.wordnik.com