[Corpora-List] Computational Linguistics jobs at Textkernel

Jakub Zavrel zavrel at textkernel.nl
Tue Sep 8 14:04:13 UTC 2009

Dear List members,

At Textkernel we are currently looking to strengthen our team
of computational linguists with data oriented, machine learning and
corpus analysis experience. The job posting is attached below.

Kind regards,

-- Jakub Zavrel

=====================================

Textkernel's software learns from examples how to perform complex text
interpretation tasks. Our language engineers are involved in the whole
process from data annotation, applying supervised machine learning
techniques, adding domain specific rules and additional knowledge
sources, up to fine tuning the accuracy and performance. One of the
core applications of our information extraction software is CV
Parsing. We offer CV Parsing software in more than ten European languages.

We are looking for talented, smart, and hard working people. At
Textkernel you are expected to have a large impact on the products,
and to make a defining contribution to the quality of our recognition
solutions. The role is diverse and challenging, as it involves both
solving difficult language engineering tasks and interaction with
clients in practical projects.

We are currently looking for:

    * Computational linguists
    * Language software engineers

with excellent programming skills (Perl, Java, C/C++) and an ambitious
and creative personality. Academic background in computer science,
computational linguistics, artificial intelligence or related
field. Interest in natural language processing, machine learning, and
information extraction. Minimum of 2 years of experience in an
industrial software engineering environment, although we will consider
recent graduates with practical experience. Focused on delivering
high quality services and enterprise level software.

Textkernel is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Relocation is
required. Basic understanding of Dutch, and other European languages
is a plus.

If you would like to be considered for one of these positions at
Textkernel, please send your CV to vacature at textkernel.nl with
"Textkernel vacature / [ jobtitle ]" in the subject field.

For more information: go to www.textkernel.com.

Jakub Zavrel, Textkernel BV, Nieuwendammerkade 28/a17, 1022 AB, Amsterdam,
NL
      tel: +31-20-4942496  fax: +31-20-4942499  e-mail: zavrel at textkernel.nl