[Corpora-List] More than a definition of a contextual distance among words ...

Dom Widdows widdows at google.com
Tue Sep 8 17:37:06 UTC 2009

Trevor Cohen and I recently wrote a survey article for JBI on wordspace models:
Methodological Review: Empirical distributional semantics: Methods and
biomedical applications
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1518431
Most of the applications discussed are biomedical, but this doesn't
make the computational linguistics any harder to follow. Includes
references to background material and freely available software,
including semanticvectors.googlecode.com.

At the risk of further self-promotion, "Geometry and Meaning"
(http://www.puttypeg.com/book/) is still a good introduction to this
area. (So described by others, not just me!)
Best wishes,
Dominic