[Corpora-List] Corpora and annotation references

Pascual Pérez-Paredes pascualf at um.es
Wed Sep 23 16:19:30 UTC 2009

Hi André,

If you are intersted in annotation for special purposes, that is,
non-POS, this is a nice reference to look at:

Pérez-Paredes, P. & Alcaraz, J.M. 2009. Developing annotation
solutions for online Data Driven Learning. ReCALL, 21,1.

For annotator agreement issues within this framework:

Alcaraz, J.M. & Pérez-Paredes, P. 2008. What do annotators annotate?
An analysis of language teachers’ corpus pedagogical annotation. In
Frankenburg-Garcia, A. (ed) Proceedings of the 8th Teaching and
Language Corpora Conference, 2008. Lisbon,
Portugal: Associação de Estudos e de Investigação Cientifíca do ISLA-Lisboa.

Best.
Pascual Pérez-Paredes

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:02 AM, Andre Bittar
<andre.bittar at linguist.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> Hello
> I was wondering if anyone could point me to some decent textbook type
> publications on corpus compilation. I would also be keen to hear about
> similar works on linguistic annotation in general - from a technical
> perspective, including inter-annotator agreement and validation
> measures. I guess you could say I'm looking for guides to "sound
> practice" in both areas which explain the different methodologies
> currently in use.
> Thanks a lot!
> André

Dr. Pascual Pérez-Paredes

Traductor Oficial / Intérprete Jurado M.A.A.E.E.desde 1994
Ingeniería Informática de Sistemas UOC pperezpar at uoc.edu

Profesor Titular de Universidad
Departamento de Filología Inglesa
Campus de la Merced