[Corpora-List] XML ANNOTATOR

Seth Grimes grimes at altaplana.com
Thu Sep 24 15:06:32 UTC 2009

Do any of these tools incorporate automate annotation, for instance the
use of lexicons and patterns to identify named and pattern-based entities
or of linguistic rules to identify parts of speech for mark-up?

The CLaRK Web site talks about application of constraints, but that seems
to be to enforce proper manual mark-up rather than to automate the
annotation.

What requirement is there in the Corpora audience for automation-assisted
annotation, for instance as a first pass that a person could then correct
via a "curation" interface?

 					Seth

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Kuzman Ganchev wrote:

> The CLaRK system does this, although it is fairly heavy-weight.
>
> http://www.bultreebank.org/clark/
>
> It has been used in a number of annotation projects though.  Another
> somewhat heavy-weight tool, although potentially slightly less so is
> WordFreak
>
> http://wordfreak.sourceforge.net/
>
> Kuzman
>
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 01:59:09PM +0200, Mario Crespo Miguel wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>

>> I wonder if someone knows an available linguistic annotator in XML. We
>> are currently involved in annotation of dialogues wih linguistic
>> annotation. We have tried with Callisto, but it seems not to allow for
>> nested elements / tags.
>>
>> Thank you very much in advance,
>>

>> Mario Crespo
>>

>> Dpto. Ingeniería de Sistemas y Automática
>> Grupo de Investigación en Ingeniería Biomédica y Telemedicina
>> Proyecto AMICA
>> ESCUELA SUPERIOR DE INGENIERÍA DE CÁDIZ
>> UNIVERSIDAD DE CÁDIZ
>> C/Chile 1
>> 11002 Cádiz (España)
>> Fax : +34 956015711

Seth Grimes   Alta Plana Corp, analytical computing & data management
                 Intelligent Enterprise (TechWeb), Contributing Editor
grimes at altaplana.com          http://altaplana.com    +1 301-270-0795