[Corpora-List] XML ANNOTATOR

Roman Klinger roman.klinger at scai.fraunhofer.de
Thu Sep 24 16:39:39 UTC 2009

Hi Seth,

WordFreak can use RegEx for annotation, but IMHO not really intuitively.
Knowtator has a nice API access with which I needed about 2 hours to
implement automated annotation from a dictionary (while my code is not
in a publishable condition). If you want to do so, I can provide you
with some tipps...

  Roman

Seth Grimes wrote:
> Do any of these tools incorporate automate annotation, for instance the
> use of lexicons and patterns to identify named and pattern-based entities
> or of linguistic rules to identify parts of speech for mark-up?
>
> The CLaRK Web site talks about application of constraints, but that seems
> to be to enforce proper manual mark-up rather than to automate the
> annotation.
>
> What requirement is there in the Corpora audience for automation-assisted
> annotation, for instance as a first pass that a person could then correct
> via a "curation" interface?
>
>  					Seth
>

> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Kuzman Ganchev wrote:
>
>> The CLaRK system does this, although it is fairly heavy-weight.
>>
>> http://www.bultreebank.org/clark/
>>
>> It has been used in a number of annotation projects though.  Another
>> somewhat heavy-weight tool, although potentially slightly less so is
>> WordFreak
>>
>> http://wordfreak.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> Kuzman
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 01:59:09PM +0200, Mario Crespo Miguel wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>

>>> I wonder if someone knows an available linguistic annotator in XML. We
>>> are currently involved in annotation of dialogues wih linguistic
>>> annotation. We have tried with Callisto, but it seems not to allow for
>>> nested elements / tags.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much in advance,
>>>

>>> Mario Crespo
>>>

>>> Dpto. Ingeniería de Sistemas y Automática
>>> Grupo de Investigación en Ingeniería Biomédica y Telemedicina
>>> Proyecto AMICA
>>> ESCUELA SUPERIOR DE INGENIERÍA DE CÁDIZ
>>> UNIVERSIDAD DE CÁDIZ
>>> C/Chile 1
>>> 11002 Cádiz (España)
>>> Fax : +34 956015711
>>

> --
> Seth Grimes   Alta Plana Corp, analytical computing & data management
>                  Intelligent Enterprise (TechWeb), Contributing Editor
> grimes at altaplana.com          http://altaplana.com    +1 301-270-0795

Roman Klinger
Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)
Deparment of Bioinformatics
Schloss Birlinghoven
D-53754 Sankt Augustin
Tel.: +49-2241-14-2360