[Corpora-List] Query-By-Example (QBE) -like GUI to query corpora ...

John F. Sowa sowa at bestweb.net
Thu Dec 2 17:04:29 UTC 2010

On 12/1/2010 5:39 PM, Albretch Mueller wrote:
> Max Planck authored (discovered/proved) through black-body radiation
> experiments... His professors Hermann von Helmholtz and Gustav Kirchhoff
> and the mathematician Karl Weierstrass contributed to/participated
> on that authoring...  Tchaikovsky...

That is the point where we disagree.  I agree with Einstein:

    "All of science is nothing more than the refinement
    of everyday thinking."  From "Physics and Reality", 1936

The most creative people in the world are children between the ages
of 3 and 5.  The greatest scientists, composers, and other "authors"
whom we honor happen to be adults who managed to preserve their
childhood creativity better than most people.

There is a continuum, not a break between "speaking" and "authoring".

John