[Corpora-List] Looking for a corpus of 'value' words

Gerald Nelson geraldanelson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 00:39:19 UTC 2010

Dear All,

I'm trying to find a corpus of 'value' words. By this I mean those
"thicker" words (following Clifford Geertz, Gilbert Ryle, and Bernard
Williams) that both describe and convey values that are associated
with the thing described.

According to this definition, the class of 'value' words would include:

beauty, courage, love, joy, sorrow, honour, dignity, freedom, anger,
shame, humility, pride, egoism, mortality, nature,
evasion, sympathy, domination, attention, innocence and experience.

Has anyone done a corpus of such words, or similar work on 'value' words?

I'll be pleased to post a summary of responses.

Gerald Nelson