[Corpora-List] CfP: 12th Szklarska Poreba Workshop on the Roots of Pragmasemantics "Ambiguity in Language and the Process of Disambiguation"

Sophia Katrenko sophia_katrenko at gmx.de
Fri Dec 17 14:08:46 UTC 2010

[Apologies for multiple copies]

Call for Papers

12th Szklarska Poreba Workshop on the Roots of Pragmasemantics
"Ambiguity in Language and the Process of Disambiguation"
11 - 15 March 2011

Webpage: http://szklarska2011.hlotze.com

Description

Linguists, logicians and philosophers are invited to join the twelfth conference on the Roots of Pragmasemantics. The focus of this year's convention is "ambiguity in language and the process of disambiguation". Thus, we are particularly interested in how interpretation of ambiguous sentences is determined and how efficiently communication is achieved.

Experimental as well as theoretical approaches to the problem are welcome. We invite submissions related to this topic, but also welcome contributions relevant to any of the more classical subjects of this workshop series. We in particular encourage the presentation of innovative ideas, even if still in need of later refinement.

We invite anonymous submissions of abstracts of no longer than 500 words in PDF, to be sent to m.spychalska at gmail.com.

Especially relevant topics include:

Lexical & syntactical ambiguity
Cognitive aspects of disambiguation in language
Language comprehension and language production
The role of disambiguation in reasoning
Experimental studies on ambiguity and disambiguation in language

Invited Speakers

Justyna Grudzinska (confirmed)
Katrin Schulz (confirmed)
Jacques Jayez (confirmed)
Bernhard Schröder (confirmed)

Deadline for submissions: Monday, 17. 01.2011
Notification of acceptance: 07.02.2011
Workshop: March 11th to 15th, 2011
Location: Szklarska Poreba, Poland

Organizers

Maria Spychalska (chair, program, accommodation)
Reinhard Blutner (webmaster)
Henk Zeevat (program, finances)
Anton Benz (program, coordination)
Sophia Katrenko (program)