[Corpora-List] KONVENS 2010: Call for Participation

Ines Rehbein rehbein at coli.uni-sb.de
Tue Jul 6 19:22:30 UTC 2010

[Apologies for cross-postings]

KONVENS 2010 - CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Conference on Natural Language Processing (KONVENS 2010)
September 6-8, 2010
http://www.konvens2010.de

The 10th Conference on Natural Language Processing will be held at
Saarland University in Saarbrücken, Germany. We invite everyone with an
interest in computational linguistics to take part in the conference.

CENTRAL THEME

The central theme of this year's KONVENS is "Semantic approaches in
Natural Language Processing". KONVENS 2010 will feature 11 talks and 15
poster presentations on semantic processing as well as on other aspects of
NLP. The preliminary program can be found on the conference website.

INVITED TALKS

The invited talks at the 10th KONVENS will be given by

* Ed Hovy (ISI, University of Southern California)
   Title: Toward a Theory of Statistical Semantics

* Anette Frank (Computational Linguistics, University of Heidelberg)
   Title: Large-Scale Fine-Grained Named Entity Classification:
   Can we characterise the meanings of Named Entities and their classes
   distributionally?

* Gerhard Weikum (Max Planck Institute for Computer Science, Saarbücken)
   Title: From Information to Knowledge: Harvesting Entities and
   Relationships from Web Sources

REGISTRATION

Online registration is open now:
http://www.konvens2010.de/registration_en.html

See you in Saarbrücken on September, 6-8!

CONTACT
info at konvens2010.de