[Corpora-List] Translation evaluation using word alignment

Chris Dyer redpony at umd.edu
Tue Mar 9 13:21:38 UTC 2010

Hi Emmanuel,
The decoder that I developed to do my thesis research can run any of
its supported translation models "in alignment mode", making it
possible to get out, for example, a Viterbi or inside score for a
sentence pair under an existing model. However, be advised that the
process will fail if the specified model cannot generate the sentence
pair. But, if you pick a simple enough model (lexical translation,
say) and you handle OOV words in some reasonable way (like mapping
them all to some special token), it will probably work for any
sentence.  Finally, unless you want to explore the most undocumented
features of this software, you will want to generate the model you use
using existing tools like Giza++, Joshua, or Moses.

The code and some preliminary documentation available publicly here:
http://cdec-decoder.org

-Chris