[Corpora-List] High-performance Computing and NLP

Sean Igo samwibatt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:52:01 UTC 2010

Good day,

My research group is investigating the use of high-performance
computing facilities in NLP. By this we mostly mean clustered
environments, in which many (usually identical) computers are
networked in a single location, and used as a single computing entity
through libraries like MPI / OpenMP, MapReduce, etc. and/or using UIMA
or other frameworks in environments like that. Grid methods are less
of interest to us but I'd also like to hear about them. Pure machine
learning research that might be applied to NLP would also be welcome.

If you're doing or aware of work like this, please let me know.

Many thanks,
Sean Igo
University of Utah
Center for High Performance Computing / Biomedical Informatics Dept.