[Corpora-List] High-performance Computing and NLP

Miles Osborne miles at inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 11:17:28 UTC 2010

ok, i will bite.

the key insights behind high-performance computing and (certain kinds)
of NLP is that you need to move the data to the computation and do it
over a cliuster of machines.  you also need to write code in languages
such as C++ or C.

here in Edinburgh for our most demanding jobs, we use Hadoop:

http://hadoop.apache.org/

we are not alone here;  i think you will find that serious groups do likewise.

Miles

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.