[Corpora-List] Do you think LINGUISTICS is SCIENCE or ARTS?

Rainer Ottmueller efidetum at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 25 13:30:56 UTC 2010

Seriously:

Science. But I do not feel newer mathematical theories sufficiently
accounted for. In particular, Robust statistics not. This certainly
holds true for other sciences as well. OTTH, I´m not amused to read
papers on First Order Logic, again. This does not hold true for
Biology, for instance. Even, only trivial applications of Graph theory
are considered. In this context, I´m looking for software supporting
Multidigraphs in Discourse analysis (for ESPs), but I fear to end up
with yet another UML-tool.

Rainer