[Corpora-List] robust statistics

Rainer Ottmueller rainer.ottmueller at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 26 16:17:14 UTC 2010

JW > they may be particularly applicable to language
The methods are, in diverse areas, I find. On the other hand, I was
surprised not to find them in the NaturalLanguageProcessing task view of my
favorite programming language R <http://cran.r-project.org/>.

JW> robust rank correlations
There is a difference between "Robust" ad "Nonparametric". In general
"Robust" is more apt to handle outliers.

W> corpus-driven NLP often deals with huge datasets
Everybody claims this, for his industry. I found application of Robust
statistic in data mining for a international bank (huge amount of
customers).

Rainer