[Corpora-List] Using version control software in corpus construction

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Mon Mar 29 21:11:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:45:50 +0100, Darren Pearce-Lazard
<darren.pearce at sussex.ac.uk> wrote:
> I assume that the use case you are referring to is 'undoing' a mod to
some
> part of the corpus. If this is what you need, you can merge the
changeset
> from one revision to another to the current version of the repository
thus
> effectively (in theory) undoing the change that an arbitrary span of
> revisions represents. I can explain this in more detail if you want.

I would very much like to know how to do this, but I suspect we'll get
even more msgs from people wanting to leave Corpora-list if we do that
on-line.  However, surely this has been written up somewhere.  Can you
perhaps point us to an explanation?

   Mike Maxwell