[Corpora-List] Peer reviewing is good for trivial or average books

Justin Washtell lec3jrw at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Mar 30 12:23:03 UTC 2010

Is it not the author's job to communicate the importance of his work to his peers? If it is genuinely important, and well written, it will be obvious to his audience. If it is not obvious, it is probably better to do more work or to rewrite than take a scattergun approach to dissemination.

Alas this theory falls down if the reasons for the rejection are political. In which case I suppose one might as well get the guns out.

Are we off topic again? I don't know... all this multidisciplinary nonsense!

Justin Washtell
University of Leeds