[Corpora-List] Using version control software in corpus construction

Angus B. Grieve-Smith grvsmth at panix.com
Wed Mar 31 12:53:57 UTC 2010

Rainer Ottmueller wrote:
> As your primary concern seems to be querying afterwards, in opposite
> to a version control system, a database is recommended. An arbitrary
> relational DB is suitable, but only if you need to store plain text.
    I would like to point out that while a version-control repository
may not be a relational database, it's still a database.  Some may even
have relational databases underlying them.  The point here is not
whether you have a database, it's whether the words are stored as
individual records.

--
				-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
				grvsmth at panix.com