[Corpora-List] SemEval page on Wikipedia

Ken Litkowski ken at clres.com
Tue Nov 9 16:22:12 UTC 2010

As Tim Baldwin has noted on the SemEval3 group (http://groups.google.com/group/semeval3), the SemEval page on Wikipedia has been marked for deletion and has suggested that those in the Wikepedia community may wish to vote in favor of keeping it. The deletion page is athttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/SemEval#SemEval.

I have initiated an attempt to provide an overarching discussion of semantic evaluation issues at the ACL SemEval portal (http://aclweb.org/aclwiki/index.php?title=SemEval_Portal). I consider the Wikipedia SemEval page a useful starting point for fleshing out these issues (along with the Wikipedia entry on word sense disambiguation).

More importantly, while the portal discussion is intended for ACL members, the Wikipedia entry presents our face to the world. I would urge CORPORA members who feel strongly to weigh in on the deletion discussion.

	Ken
--
Ken Litkowski                     TEL.: 301-482-0237
CL Research                       EMAIL: ken at clres.com
9208 Gue Road                     Home Page: http://www.clres.com
Damascus, MD 20872-1025 USA       Blog: http://www.clres.com/blog