[Corpora-List] SemEval page on Wikipedia

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Tue Nov 9 23:38:47 UTC 2010

G'day,

I have been following the discussion on wikipedia, and we have been
asked to show that SemEval has some notability outside the CL/NLP
field.

> If there is third-party coverage in reliable sources to show that the workshops are notable as events, then keep the page. Scholarly work by workshop participants,  which is what the current reference section offers, is not, however, evidence of the notability of the workshops themselves. The references cited are excellent sources for understanding word-sense disambiguation, but this page purports to describe SemEval workshops as such, not the scientific/scholarly understandings that grow out of them or otherwise relate to them. I would say that best references for the workshops as workshops would be non-scholarly sources such as newspapers or semi-scholarly work such as Science Daily or Chronicle of Higher Education. Cnilep (talk) 02:40, 9 November 2010 (UTC)

If anyone could find such references and add them to the page (or
email them to me and I will add them), then that would be a big help.

Just adding lots more '''keep''' comments, while nice to see, is less
useful as the final decision is not a vote.

And if anyone wants to beef up the ACL page at the same time, it would
be nice :-).

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies