[Corpora-List] Morse code

Angus B. Grieve-Smith grvsmth at panix.com
Thu Nov 11 13:53:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, November 11, 2010 4:57 am, Geoffrey Sampson wrote:
> Is Morse code still in use in practice?  I remember a news item saying
> that it was being formally abaondoned by at least the British Merchant
> Navy, quite a few years ago now.  If it is an obsolete system, perhaps the
> chances of finding corpora of recordings would not be too bright.

TELEGRAPHIC LANGUAGE HISTORICAL BUT STILL INTERESTING. COMPARISON WITH SMS
EDIFYING. MAYBE WESTERN UNION HAS CORPUS. MAJOR TELEGRAM SENDERS LIKE
PRESIDENTS MAY HAVE ARCHIVES. ONE CORPUS AT OLE MISS.

http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/general_library/archives/finding_aids/MUM00472.html

--
			-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
			grvsmth at panix.com