[Corpora-List] Deviations in language models on the web

Oliver Mason O.Mason at bham.ac.uk
Tue Nov 16 23:20:25 UTC 2010

I would think that if a comprehensive model of text structure can at
some point be created, then it would not be possible (or at least very
hard) to generate 'random' texts, as they'd be incoherent. Generating
a 'proper' text would require a lot of input (or content) that would
have to be used for language generation. Though my usage of 'language
model on text level' here is probably different from what some other
people in this thread understand by it! And I think we're still years
away from such a model.

Best,
Oliver