[Corpora-List] Stemmer for Hindi

Francis Tyers ftyers at prompsit.com
Thu Nov 18 12:53:20 UTC 2010

El dc 17 de 11 de 2010 a les 14:41 +0000, en/na Luís Gomes va escriure:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm a PhD student and I need a stemmer for Hindi to be used on a
> Machine Translation experiment.
> There are a few papers describing stemming algorithms for Hindi, but I
> didn't find any implementation freely available for research purposes.
>
> Does anyone in this list has or knows an implementation that I could use?
>
> Best whishes,
>
> Luís Gomes
> http://hlt.di.fct.unl.pt/luis/

You could try the morphological analyser from IIIT if you can manage
with the WX notation:

http://ltrc.iiit.ac.in/showfile.php?filename=onlineServices/morph/index.htm

There is also a version in XML lying around somewhere, if you can't find
it with Google, email me.

Regards,

Fran