[Corpora-List] Query-By-Example (QBE) -like GUI to query corpora ...

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Sun Nov 28 23:00:33 UTC 2010

Sounds a bit like the Linguist's Search Engine
(http://lse.umiacs.umd.edu/), which is, however, specifically directed
towards syntax queries. Unfortunately offline by now, but the code and a
presentation showing its functionality are still available on the site.
Maybe somebody knows about a successor implementation ?

Something partially comparable may be the TigerNavigator
(http://tigernavigator.nlp2rdf.org), a prototype implementation for a
methodology to use ontologies (OWL/RDF) to represent linguistic corpora
(here, the German TIGER corpus) and ontology-based machine learning
techniques to construct a concept description (a pattern to match
sentences) out of samples a user provides. Using this concept description,
the corpus is then filtered. The main difference is that the user has to
provide a whole set of instances and counterinstances for the concept
(s)he's looking for.

Best,
Christian

--