[Corpora-List] Query-By-Example (QBE) -like GUI to query corpora ...

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 14:04:30 UTC 2010

> The point I make in this paper is that logic and ontology are both
> abstractions *from* language -- *not* the foundations for language.
~
 Exactly!!! I would just change the wildly overused and overrated word
"abstractions" for -generalizations- and I explain in that draft of my
paper how it happens. There is absolutely nothing "abstract" our
semiosis/communication
~
> Following is the point I was objecting to:

>> Take, say, all current pop culture songs and do all the parsing and
>> annotating you want and then tell me what is the content/lyrics/melody
>> of the next hit

> No human being on earth can do that.  It should not be a criterion for an intelligent system.
~
 Actually this "we" (socially, culturally meant) do all the time,
e.g., when one authors anything, yet one doesn't do it by tinkering
with/through OWL/RDF and such things ;-). But probably I am not
thinking of an "intelligent system" and when you say "system" I take
it as some mechanically/syntactically circumscribed device
~
 BrainMeta.com Forum > Consciousness > General Consciousness Discussion:
brainless -social- animals ...
~
 http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21887
~