[Corpora-List] Rate of linguistic change / innovation

Marcin Miłkowski list-address at wp.pl
Sun Oct 3 10:35:34 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm looking for papers that estimate empirically the rate of linguistic
change or innovation in historical corpora. I'm especially interested in
measures used to estimate the rate of acceptance of previously
non-standard grammar / style innovations. (Ideally, methods that detect
the change of meaning would be great, but I know that it might be too
much to expect.)

I'm aware of computer simulations used to find the principles that
govern the rate of change; yet, I want to see the actual numbers for
natural languages such as English, French or German.

Thanks for the suggestions, and best regards,
Marcin Miłkowski